1. Cut into 3 inch pieces, brown in a skillet, and use in spaghetti sauce.
2. Cut into rings ¼ - inch thick home-made pizza.
3. Cut into 4-6 inch pieces, fry or boil for ten minutes, place in sub rolls, wrap in foil, place in preheated over for ten minutes.
4. Cut into ¼ inch pieces, sauté, serves as hors doeuvres.
5. Cut into ¼ inch pieces, sauté in skillet using Portuguese Sausage with onions, peppers, add tomato sauce, place in a roll for a quick sandwich.
6. Portuguese style Western Cut in ¼ inch pieces, sauté with peppers and onions, beat fresh eggs, add to peppers, onions, and sausage: cook until solid.
7. Place in a boiled dinner as is.
8. When roasting meat, add 1 pound for flavoring.
9. For breakfast with eggs.
10. When baking beans, add 3 inch pieces for flavor.
11. When roasting chicken, place 1 pound inside chicken for added flavor.
12. Package of frozen bread dough: follow directions for baking. Cut Portuguese Sausage into 4 5 inch pieces, boil or fry for ten minutes, cut bread dough into 6-7 inch pieces, flatten bread dough, take Amaral's linguica, place on dough and roll, bake in over until bread is done.
1 lb mushrooms
Preheat oven to 425º. Wash and dry mushrooms. Remove stems and chop. Melt butter. Add stems, onion and linguica. Simmer until onion is transparent. Add cracker crumbs. Stuff mushroom caps. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake 15 minutes at 425º.
1 pound Ground Linguica (mild) or Ground Chourico (spicy)
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Place ground linguica/chourico in skillet. When the sausage is browned and cooked, transfer it to a plate. Drain the oil.
In the same skillet, melt the butter. Add the onions and saute until golden. Add the celery and cook for 5 minutes. Add the thyme, sage and parsley and mix well. Return the sausage to the skillet, add the bread and toss together. Add enough stock to moisten the mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Use to stuff a turkey or bake in a casserole at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
1 can (12 oz.) refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)
Total Time: 35 min Servings: 4
Preheat oven to 375°. Evenly press each biscuit in bottom and up sides of each cup in 12-cup muffin pan; chill until ready to fill.
Evenly spoon beef mixture into prepared muffin cups. Bake 15 minutes. Evenly sprinkle linguica/chourico mixture with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Gently remove pizza cups from muffin pan and serve.
1 lb ground beef
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Preheat oven to 500 F degrees.
In a large skillet cook the ground beef until it's no longer pink. Add cumin, chili powder, salt and mix.
On a pizza tray start with a layer of nachos. Top with half the meat mixture and top 1 cup of cheese and half the jalapeno pepper. Repeat with another layer of nachos, meat, cheese and jalapenos.
Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
1 lb stew beef
Brown onion & stew beef, then add Amaral's linguica & chourico (taking the skin off both) cut in small pieces. Brown a little, add water, and let simmer. When almost cooked, add cabbage, cut in desired pieces. 15 minutes before cabbage is done, add can of kidney beans, and large can of tomatoes, salt and pepper.
8 oz. Amaral's linguica, cooked and crumbled
Combine Amaral's linguica, cheddar cheese, celery, chives & enough mayonnaise to moisten; toss lightly. Pat or roll each biscuit into a 4-inch oval; place on greased baking sheet. Place about ½ tbsp. of Amaral's linguica mixture on each biscuit. Fold biscuits in half to form turnovers; seal edges with a fork & prick tops. Brush tops with melted margarine; sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400 degrees, 15 minutes or until golden brown.
6 English muffins, split in half
1 lb Amaral's linguica ground separately
Put Amaral's linguica into a large skillet and add 1 cup ketchup. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Add remaining ground ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes Serve on fingertip rolls.
In a roasting pan combine:
1 lb Amaral's linguica, cut in 3-inch pieces
Bake at 400 degrees ½ hour, turn potato & Amaral's linguica
over, and bake ½ hour more or until potato is done.
1 med. green pepper - chopped
Cut up Amaral's linguica in small pieces & sauté along with green peppers & onions, until peppers are cooked. Add tomatoes and cook until bubbly. Cool macaroni according to directions, drain. In 2 qt. casserole, combine Amaral's linguica mixture with drained macaroni. Beat egg, add to milk. Pour over casserole, cut cheese in small pieces, & mix. Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes.
Peel skin off 1 lb of Amaral's linguica & cut into little pieces. Add 1 good size onion, chopped, 1 good size green pepper chopped, and 1 can of mushrooms. If preferred, you can also add 1 lb hamburger. Simmer everything slowly stirring occasionally until cooked. Season if necessary. Serve with Portuguese bread or rolls. Also can be served over rice.
1 lb Amaral's linguica - ground
Mix well about 1 cup milk to a firm consistency.
Suggested Links to aid in your Portuguese Culinery Delight: